Happy Birthday my sweet little 4 year old! Time has flown by too fast. I constantly look at you and then will remember you as a baby or remember you playing in the playroom when we first moved into our house and you’re now this little person. Everyone says how Elin is such a happy baby and she is, but you were really such a happy baby too – just like Elin except a bit more serious. We’d call you serious Siri and you’d give a scowl that we’d call the Siri scowl.
So now you’re 4! You know so much and are more than happy to break down the particulars of any given situation for your Dad and I. Lately you’ve wanted to dress Cas and Elin – they aren’t too keen on the idea. You like to give them breakfast, drinks, etc. You are the big sister, no doubt. You’ve been scared of monsters lately and are sure that they’re under your bed. You still sleep with your blankies. Up until the last few days you were still taking baths with Cas and Elin. Now you take showers by yourself! You think it’s absolutely the funniest thing to stick your tongue out at the very last minute when your Dad or I try to kiss you. I’ll back away and you’ll keep trying to lick me – I’ll hold your head back and you keep trying. We’ll both be laughing you still try to lick me. I love when you giggle. It’s one of the absolute best parts of my day.
You love to be outside especially if it’s at the playground. You love to be chased. Some nights after work and dinner you’ll ask me to be the monster and I’ll chase you around the house. You love to run and you’re pretty fast too! You’re not shy. You’ll say hi to just about anyone. Sometimes when we’re at the playground and a bunch of other people are there, you’ll run or jump or do something cool and you’ll say loudly, “Look at me!!” You love the attention and I’m proud of you for being you always. You are so, so smart. Your alphabet is still a bit out of order when you sing it, but who cares? You know all of your letters and can write just about all of them too. I’ve started to teach you how to read and you sound out some letters. The first word you read was am. You love stories. We go to the library probably once a month and get a bunch of books. I’ll read to you and Cas every night for about 30 minutes before bed. If we don’t have a story you want to hear, I’ll make something up. Sometimes those are your favorite stories, because you like to sprinkle in your own parts here and there.
You love artichokes just like me! You’ll ask for spaghetti and artichokes for dinner quite often. It’s probably your favorite. Sometimes I’ll get home from work and you’ll run up to me to say so excitedly, “Mommmm! Guess what’s for dinner?! Spaghetti and artichokes!!!” We had a little parent-teacher conference at your preschool a couple of weeks ago and your teacher said that you are such a good girl. She said you’re so good at cutting and tracing (we do a bunch of that at home!) and that you are so smart. You have two friends at school, Sophie and Brock, who you talk about quite often. I’ve been trying to teach you that you can have a lot of friends!
I can’t believe it’s been 4 years since you came into our life. How you’ve changed me for the better. You are such a joy to be around. You love life. You love your family. You love your friends. You are just such an amazing, wonderful little girl.
I love you so, so much.
20 questions we asked you today on your birthday:
1. What is your favorite color? purple, pink, black
2. What is your favorite toy? microwaves
3. What is your favorite fruit? apples
4. What is your favorite tv show? Despicable Me
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Spaghetti
6. What is your favorite outfit? Pink shirt and jeans
7. What is your favorite Game? Mickey (I’m not sure what this is!)
8. What is your favorite snack? Daddy’s work crackers (this is the name you’ve given Daddy’s cheddar crackers with peanut butter that he brings to work in the morning)
9. What is your favorite animal? Penguins
10. What is your favorite song? ABCD
11. What is your favorite book? Monsters
12. Who is your best friend? Lizzy
13. What is your favorite cereal? Chex
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play
15. What is your favorite drink? Apple juice
16. What is your favorite holiday? Nick Jr.
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? My bunny
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? pop-tarts
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? peanut butter bread…. no, spaghetti!
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Dentist